Manager, Psychological Services
Calgary - Alberta (AB),
Calgary Board of Education
Estimated salary $99,325 - $141,250 a year
Each student, in keeping with their individual abilities and gifts, will complete high school with a foundation of learning necessary to thrive in life, work and continued learning.
Students come first. Learning is our central purpose. Public education serves the common good.
The CBE strives to create a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative culture. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
Competition Close Date: Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 11:59pm
Calendar: 12 month
Salary: Exempt Grade H $99,325 - $141,250 annually
FTE: 1.0 - 35 hours per week
There are two positions available.
- Defines and implements system-wide standards of practice for Psychological Services and ensures on-going monitoring of the services provided. Develops yearly work plan for the services.
- Provides leadership, direction and support to the Psychological Services team. Assigns special projects and unique responsibilities related to the operation of Psychological Services.
- Recruits, selects, deploys, supervises, and evaluates psychology staff. Develops orientation and mentoring programs for staff new to the system. Carries out disciplinary actions, up to and including termination, as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge and awareness of current theory and practice related to meeting the learning and behaviour needs of learners. Provides leadership in the development of professional procedures and guidelines.
- Sets expectations and provides opportunities for professional growth and continuing competence among Psychologists through establishment of, encouragement of professional development activities, facilitation of regular staff meetings, individual consultations and feedback, as required.
- Works to establish and maintain favorable working relationships between areas schools, public and private agencies. Acts as a liaison to other work units and departments with CBE, other school boards, Government of Alberta and provincial association/colleges, as they relate to Psychological Services.
- Responds to and works to resolve concerns and issues about the provision of psychological services.
- Collects, interprets, and provides information for the preparation of budgets and facilitates the supply of human resource materials and equipment to staff.
- Participates as a member of the Inclusive Education Leadership
Education and Experience
- Registered Psychologist in good standing in the province of Alberta.
- A minimum of five years of successful experience as a Psychologist
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and competencies in the practice of Assessment and Counselling Psychology in an educational context.
- A minimum of two years of leadership/supervisory experience is preferred
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of Calgary Board of Education and Alberta Education policies, regulations and expectations and programming standards for Special Education;
- Knowledge and understanding of disability specific programming models;
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning and staff development;
- Strong oral and written, presentation and listening skills;
- Strong conflict resolution and mediation skills;
- Critical, flexible, creative and systemic thinking;
- Knowledge of building and leading teams and a commitment to team work;
- Ability to foster an environment of creativity, diversity and innovation;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Openness to embracing and leading change;
- Ability to work independently and within a leadership/school community team environment;
- Sound judgment, reasoning and perspective;
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth;
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to the Calgary Board of Education WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed.
Be Part of Our Success
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team where your contribution makes a positive impact on the lives and learning of more than 125,000 CBE students? The Calgary Board of Education is looking for exceptional professionals to join our team. Our employees are highly valued and recognized, a career with the CBE offers incredible opportunities, rewards and supports.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.