Quality Control Inspector
Calgary - Alberta (AB),
Alstar Oilfield Contractors Ltd.
Estimated salary $13 - $15 an hour
Who We are:
Alstar Oilfield Contractors has been providing quality construction services to the oil and gas industry since 1969. We are a leader in the oil and gas industry for turn-key new construction, maintenance and prefabrication and modular construction services. Located in Hinton and Calgary. We have grown to employ over 350 employees and service Western Canada.
We are looking for a day shift Quality Control Inspector for our SE fabrication shop (8700 Venture Ave SE).
Day shift hours are Monday-Thursday, 6am-4.30pm
- Dimension and visual inspection of welded piping and vessels and structural steel
- Recording welders symbols, heat numbers and radiography numbers on drawings and travel sheets
- Prepare documentation for, and inspect hydrostatic & pneumatic pressure tests
- P & ID Check & walk-down
- Installation of name plates
- Coordination of inspections with ABSA, NDE Contractors and Client TPI's
- Other miscellaneous Quality Control paperwork
- You will work in a large manufacturing facility with other trades present
- Outside/inside work
- Physically demanding position
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs, work at heights, be agile and able to go on/off equipment, up/down ladders
- CWB Level 1 Certification
- Minimum 2 years
Those are full-time positions with occasional overtime required.
- A great work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunities for acquiring new skills and professional advancement
- An environment where your ideas on innovation and product or process improvements are valued and implemented
- Recognition for your achievements and contribution to our success
- One of our industry's most effective workplace safety programs
- A quality control program certified by the ABSA, ASME and CWB
- We are a team of professionals that work together to achieve our goals
We thank all candidates for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted