Bonnyville - Alberta (AB),
CEDA specializes in industrial maintenance, turnaround and environmental services and has a proud history in North America with roots extending back to 1973. Our talented and experienced team is committed to delivering world-class solutions to help our clients maximize production, mitigate risk and avoid costly outages, always with safety top of mind.
We are committed to putting the right people, in the right place, at the right time while offering an inclusive work environment, opportunities for professional development, a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, CEDA has opportunities for you!
CEDA is looking to hire an HSE Advisor based out of our Bonnyville location.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of risk management support to the required companies to achieve a common HSE program
- Provide leadership for implementing and maintaining HSE programs/systems throughout CEDA (Hazard ID, BBS, Site Reviews, Training etc.)
- Liaison with clients, third parties, HSE and other internal clients (e.g. Learning and Development, Business Development and other Companies within CEDA International) with the provision of presentations to increase awareness of progress on HSE matters
- Ensuring accident and incident investigations are conducted and events reported in a timely manner
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of HSE Documentation
- Auditing and monitoring as required in accordance with CEDA’s and our customer expectations
- Support site, shop and project safety meeting by providing relevant information for use during the meeting and actively participating throughout
- Identify HSE coaching opportunities throughout the organization, offer yourself as a HSE mentor and actively participate in improving CEDA’s Culture
- Direct Report to HSE Manager
- 3 - 5 years + HSE experience, HSE diploma/certificate
- Certified Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft basic suite of programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Operational field experience in upstream or downstream oil industry an asset
- Strong leadership skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Your working knowledge of related legislation and the ability to interpret the regulations and laws is an asset
- Ability to work with limited supervision, in a team environment with great attention to detail
- You have the capacity to problem solve and thrive in high pressure situations
- Ability to influence staff at various levels to promote loss prevention.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To learn more, please also visit our page to view upcoming job fairs and events or follow us on Facebook.