Medical Laboratory Assistant II
Alberta - Alberta (AB),
Our Patient Care Services department consists of the Patient Care Centers, Home Collections and Customer Care Center teams. They play a critical role in the customer service delivery as they have direct contact with our customers on a daily basis. DynaLIFE operates 31 Patient Care Centers that house a diverse compliment of employees with vast skill sets including: phlebotomy, clinical trials and diagnostic testing. The Customer Care Centre is a central booking call center located in Edmonton, scheduling appointments for customers for the 31 Patient Care Centers. The Customer Care Centre sets the first impression of DynaLIFE with initial contact with customers.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities of this position include: glucose meter testing, phlebotomy, micro collections by heel or fingerstick, ECG''s, specimen processing, and urinalysis testing and reporting
- Clerical and reception duties
- This position requires strong interpersonal and service skills
- Communication with patients, physicians, and other health care professionals is required on a constant basis
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently
- Recent venipuncture experience, within the past 5 years, in an employment or student practical setting is required
- Recent ECG experience, within the past 5 years, in an employment or student practical setting is required
- High School Diploma
- Successful completion of a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant training program
- Personal transportation is an asset but not required
- As our workload demands and operational requirements shift, your location, dates and/or hours of work may be changed.
- All persons newly hired to DynaLIFE must show their confirmation of SIN letter/SIN card and government issued photo ID to Human Resources prior to commencing work.
- All persons hired to DynaLIFE must be authorized to work in Canada for any employer.
- Individuals hired into all positions must provide verification of their highest level of education.
- A security clearance will be required for employees newly hired to DynaLIFE.
- A security clearance with vulnerable sector completed may be required for employees newly hired to DynaLIFE
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted